Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ab-Soul Names His Musical Influences

TDE rapper, Ab-Soul is one of the new breed of rappers on the hip hop scene right now. His album These Days...is scheduled to drop on June 24th, so he has been up and about promoting it. During his recent interview for Life+Times, he spoke on who his musical influences were. 








"I came up on Canibus. He was like one of my first favorite rappers. Then you add Jay Z and Nas. I learned a lot from Hip Hop, so it’s only right that I try to give that back.”







Cool list. Canibus is a lot of people's favorite...the first time I heard that dude, I was like, 'who is this alien.' Dude didn't have an album out, and he went at a legend (LL Cool J), and definitely made a dent Cool J's career. Till this day, people still include 2nd Round Knockout when listing the best beef songs in hip hop history.  Canibus...men! I remember in my first year in college, my friend would come around in his white Benz, and we would drive around listening to Canibus's second album (I can't remember the title), and there was a song on there where he rapped a verse on another verse. ILL! Hell, even Eminem was a die-hard Canibus fan before they had their falling out. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar