Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Labels - Keeping it Simple

 Well I would like to say that I do fancy labels and make my pantry look all pretty - but I do not.  I would love to open my pantry and cabinets and see the beautiful labels that some make.  I salivate every time I see all the pretty things that Annabel shows over at the Bluebirds (she has such talent).  I am sure I have the time to do those lovely things, but I keep it simple.
It seems that some regions are more in-tune to doing the pretty labels and fancy wrappings.  I notice it more in posts I see from other countries.  
I love it - I love seeing it - I just aint doing it!!!!!!  LOL

I am a simple kind of gal.  I just want to know what is in my jar - so I do things simply.  That is OK.  We don't all have to have those beautiful pantries and shelves.  Keep things neat and orderly and tidy, mark things in a way you know what is in it, use first in, rotate - and all is good!!!

I opened a box of dry milk to use in a jar recipe and had plenty left.  I made a couple jars up and I simply cut he label off the front of the box & the mixing instructions.  I made  scan of both and printed it out.  I now have a label for both jars and inside the jar there is a paper with mixing instructions.  Easy.

The taller bottles in back say salt and pepper - well I know better!  They both contain dried tomato peels to use in soups/cooking.  Front left - dry ham base (bouillon) with simple mixing instruction written on top.  Front left - onion soup/dip mix - ordered in bulk and they sent a few labels.  I use what works.

I showed this picture earlier.  Jars have labels cut from packages - some hand written.  I often place instructions on how to prepare on/in things I don't use every day.  

Split peas - needs no label - but I do have the instructions cut out and placed in the jar for an easy resource
              Pasta needs no explanation.  Lima beans - instructions on preparing placed in the jar.

I cut original labeling off packages and adhere to bottles.  I write out my own labels freehand.  I sometimes write on the lids with permanent marker (or jar).  I do whatever hits me at the moment.  I keep and clean many of the flats I used for my home canning.  They are great for using on dry goods when you are using mason jars.  You can write on them - if you want to use for something else simply use a Magic Eraser to clean the wording and you are ready for another use.  I hate to throw those things away - I will use over and over.


Little computer labels work too.  Even fill up a canning box with all the same product and label box with a postcard.  Whatever works!


Just a few ideas that might help you.  Don't feel bad if you keep it simple too!!!!  Yep, it is all pretty - but I am just a simple, simple kind of gal and I have no regrets for not being all fancy smancy with my labels.
I admire those that keep pretty shelves and I love to look at them.
As for me - give me scissors, tape or a permanent marker and call me done!
KEEPING IT SIMPLE



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar