Several years ago we owned a home in
Door County is called the
Maine of the Midwest.
It is gorgeous.
If you click the link above you will
see how beautiful it is.
Anyway,
We found a house that had been sitting vacant
for several years.
The house was stone and in very good shape
but was dysfunctional in some ways.
It desperately needed a powder room
that would service the main living part of the house.
There was a closet that opened off the back hall.
The closet was 3-1/2 feet by 5 feet.
By putting in a pocket door we were able to
install a functional bathroom.
Now this was BEFORE I knew ANYTHING about
taking pictures (like I do now) THAT was a joke-
So, the pictures were taken with the dreaded FLASH
and the decor, by today's standards, is dated,
but it was great at the time.
I used a poster, cut the hands out
and applied it to the wall
next to the ceiling.
I then took paint and started
highlighting and shadowing
the applied piece.
Everyone thought it was hand-painted on the wall.
The walls were lightly marbelized.
I was able to put a small sink in there.
I used a glass shelf to keep things "light".
You can work a bathroom in just about anywhere
if you can get to the plumbing from
the basement below.
That was the bonus to having an unfinished basement in this house.
The great thing about this house was
that the lot went down to the channel
between Lake Michigan and the Bay.
We were able to divide the lot into
three sections.
We sold the house with one acre
and sold another acre off and
still own one lot.
Why no one had figured it out before
we did is beyond me....
but that is what happens when you are
constantly "looking".
LOL-
It's a disease!
I will show you more pictures of this
property in the future
if you are liking these rehab posts.






0 Yorumlar